fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

VW Golf or Honda Civic or BMW 1 Series – max price £2000

Home page 2023 Forums Buying a Car VW Golf or Honda Civic or BMW 1 Series – max price £2000

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      andy

I’m looking to purchase a car for around £2000 max. I have been looking at mk5 Volkswagen Golfs and mk7 Honda Civics and also BMW 1 Series and Audi A3.

I’m looking for a car that is gonna be reliable and not too expensive to run or fix, it will be used for day to day driving as I do a delivery job so a lot of driving will be done in the vehicle. I’m wondering what are high mileage for these cars as well as I’ve heard they still run great up to 200k mileage

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

They are all reasonable cars, so you need to pay close attention to service history and condition. As a rule, Honda is one of the best brands in the world for reliability and the Germans have relatively poor records, but every car is different and it will depend a lot on how it has been looked after up until now.

With the Volkswagen or Audi, you should check to see if they are affected by the Dieselgate recall scandal. If they are due to be recalled, or if they have had the ‘fix’ applied, I’d steer well clear as there are too many reports of problems with these vehicles.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.