• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

My rights returning my car under warrenty

Home Forums Blogs My rights returning my car under warrenty

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Terry Rice

Hi, purchased a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso (15) 10 months ago that came with a 12-month warranty.

There have been a number of faults with the car that has resulted in the car needing software upgrades & I’ve had AA out on 4 occasions due to a faulty gearbox. Latest breakdown has resulted in the gearbox needing new sensors. As a foster carer 99% of my time is spent with children in my car & on every occasion when the car has broken down I’ve had children present.

I feel the car isn’t fit for purpose & feel I’ve been sold an unreliable car. Can I ask do u feel there is any point in raising this with Citroën when I collect the car next week??

• #130951 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Terry. You are outside the six-month window where the Consumer Rights Act in basically in your favour. After six months, it tends to favour the seller. You can still try to reject the car, but you will need to prove that the car had a significant fault when you bought it. The longer you have had the car, the harder it is to prove that a fault hasn’t occurred after you bought it.

Reply To: My rights returning my car under warrenty

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: