• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

New Car bought from Jaguar dealer on deferred finance without leather

Home Forums Any Other Business New Car bought from Jaguar dealer on deferred finance without leather

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year ago.

• Author
    Cary Thornton

I acquired a new Jaguar F Pace S from a franchised dealer in March 2017 but later found the interior of the car was not, as described, leather but only leather-faced seats which to me is gross misrepresentation given the car cost £57,000.

The Motor Ombudsman told me I had no claim against Jaguar and must claim from the dealer. I have been to County Court and the dealer’s Counsel is arguing it is nothing to do with the dealer?

Help please.

• #137884 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Cary. I don’t see how you will have a claim unless you can prove that the car was mis-sold or mis-advertised.

Jaguar’s brochure should state clearly what the interior materials are. If that is incorrect, you’d have a claim against Jaguar.

If it’s a case of the dealer promising you that there was more leather present than you ended up with, you’ll need proof that you’ve been mis-sold – and that’s likely to be impossible unless you’ve got it in writing.

Just because the car cost £57,000 doesn’t mean you are entitled to real leather throughout the interior. There are more expensive cars on sale that don’t have any real leather inside, and use posh-sounding names for vinyl (like Artico)

Reply To: New Car bought from Jaguar dealer on deferred finance without leather

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: