fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

New Car bought from Jaguar dealer on deferred finance without leather

Home page 2023 Forums Any Other Business New Car bought from Jaguar dealer on deferred finance without leather

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Cary Thornton

I acquired a new Jaguar F Pace S from a franchised dealer in March 2017 but later found the interior of the car was not, as described, leather but only leather-faced seats which to me is gross misrepresentation given the car cost £57,000.

The Motor Ombudsman told me I had no claim against Jaguar and must claim from the dealer. I have been to County Court and the dealer’s Counsel is arguing it is nothing to do with the dealer?

Help please.

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Cary. I don’t see how you will have a claim unless you can prove that the car was mis-sold or mis-advertised.

Jaguar’s brochure should state clearly what the interior materials are. If that is incorrect, you’d have a claim against Jaguar.

If it’s a case of the dealer promising you that there was more leather present than you ended up with, you’ll need proof that you’ve been mis-sold – and that’s likely to be impossible unless you’ve got it in writing.

Just because the car cost £57,000 doesn’t mean you are entitled to real leather throughout the interior. There are more expensive cars on sale that don’t have any real leather inside, and use posh-sounding names for vinyl (like Artico)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.