• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

New car paintwork

Home Forums Buying a Car New car paintwork

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Andy 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author
    Andy

Hi, Just bought a brand new Alfa Romeo Giulia. When I collected the car I noticed that there were a couple of minor stone chips on the front of the car which the salesman said he would have repaired but needed a couple of days to sort it out. In hindsight I should have left the car at the dealership, but I didn’t it was about 2 weeks before I got the car back to the dealer and the salesman had left, I wasn’t expected so I had to leave the car with the promise from the sales manager that it would be “sorted”. On collecting the car there were about 10 repair sites that looked awful. like someone had touched it up with the wrong colour nail varnish. I advised the sales manager that I wasn’t happy and that I wanted to return the car (it’s a PCP).. We’re 4 weeks into the agreement at this point. He assured me that he would have it repaired “properly” this time and if he wasn’t happy he would have the front end re-sprayed. Collected the car this morning and the terrible nail varnish has been replaced by lumps. Obviously the touch up paint has been “blobbed” in to the chips and left. I now have to wait another 5 days so that the dealership can make another appointment to have the car collected and repaired. I know paintwork and cosmetic repairs are emotive but what are my options here, I have all the dates and photos from the conversations and repair jobs.. Thanks, Andy

Reply To: New car paintwork

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: