• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

New Mercedes car lease

Home Forums Buying a Car New Mercedes car lease

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 8 months ago.

• Author
    Dylan

Hi all

I used a car leasing company to broker a new Mercedes. The finance company was separate.
    The car was delivered ten days ago and a full inspection was not carried out on delivery due to poor lighting (it was 5pm) and a note was made on the delivery note to this effect.

Three days later, I noticed a slight crack in the windscreen. This for bigger over the course of a few days. The car has not moved from my driveway since delivery.

I informed the dealer and they denied responsibility and this went on for one week. The crack got bigger in the meantime. I referred them to the delivery note and rejected the vehicle.

They have now agreed to accept the car back.

My question is: do I have any legal right to insist on a replacement car of the same model and price? And if so, who would be liable? The car lease broker, the finance company or the dealer?

Many thanks

• #148347 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Dylan. I think you’d be hard-pressed to reject a car under the Consumer Rights Act for a cracked windscreen. It’s easily replaced, so I would expect the dealer to fix the windscreen and re-deliver the car.

Reply To: New Mercedes car lease

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information:

Cancel