Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

New Mercedes car lease

Home page 2023 Forums Buying a Car New Mercedes car lease

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Dylan

Hi all

I used a car leasing company to broker a new Mercedes. The finance company was separate.
      The car was delivered ten days ago and a full inspection was not carried out on delivery due to poor lighting (it was 5pm) and a note was made on the delivery note to this effect.

Three days later, I noticed a slight crack in the windscreen. This for bigger over the course of a few days. The car has not moved from my driveway since delivery.

I informed the dealer and they denied responsibility and this went on for one week. The crack got bigger in the meantime. I referred them to the delivery note and rejected the vehicle.

They have now agreed to accept the car back.

My question is: do I have any legal right to insist on a replacement car of the same model and price? And if so, who would be liable? The car lease broker, the finance company or the dealer?

Many thanks

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Dylan. I think you’d be hard-pressed to reject a car under the Consumer Rights Act for a cracked windscreen. It’s easily replaced, so I would expect the dealer to fix the windscreen and re-deliver the car.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.