fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

New reg car

Home page 2023 Forums Buying a Car New reg car

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ian Mac

Hi, we have just ordered a new Vauxhall Corsa last week, we are exchanging it at 3 years for a brand new one.

Yesterday we received the new reg which is on an 18 plate not a 68. I’ve been in and the manager said its a done deal and my wife signed the paperwork. I asked him at any point did he point out that it would be on an 18 plate and not a 68 plate. He said no your wife should have known that because she signed the paperwork at the end of July. He was very unhelpful, i asked how we cancel the contract and he said we can’t.

Do i have any course of action in this case? I know it’s not the end of the world but it sounds fishy to me. He said she had a deal, i said how much did she save on a car registered 68 plate? He said that wasn’t discussed.

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Ian. 68-plate registrations don’t come out until September, so any cars registered until August 31 will be 18-plate vehicles.

Unless your wife specifically asked for the car to be delivered in September with a 68-plate number, the dealer isn’t going to offer it. They want your money in August, not a month later.

Unless you have written evidence that your wife specifically asked for the car to be registered in September, I don’t see why you would have any reason to cancel your contract.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.