• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Nissan dealership bought by Arnold Clark

Home Forums Car finance Nissan dealership bought by Arnold Clark

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year ago.

• Author
    Aimee

I bought a Nissan Juke back in July 2016 and went with a local family run dealership which is both BMW and Nissan because of their credibility and after much bad luck with a previous dealer I wanted to buy from somewhere I trusted.

I had great customer service and vowed to go back for my next car when I was able to trade the Nissan in.

However, this dealership has now sold themselves to Arnold Clark… I categorically want NOTHING to do with Arnold Clark and would sooner get rid of my car than deal with them. Do I have any rights at all? Surely this affects my contract in some way? The best possible outcome for me would be to hand the car back and start from scratch with the dealer who I want to be dealing with. What can I do?

• #134304 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Aimee. I can certainly understand that you don’t want anything to do with Arnold Clark (we get plenty of complaints about their level of service), but I’m not sure what rights you are talking about.

You don’t have to take the car to that dealership for servicing (you can go to any garage in the country) and you don’t have to go there for any warranty issues (you can go to any Nissan dealer in the country). When you come to sell your car, you can go anywhere you like for your next one. So you have no need to ever set foot on their premises if you don’t want to.

The change of ownership of the dealership has nothing at all to do with your contract from when you bought the car two years ago.

Reply To: Nissan dealership bought by Arnold Clark

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: