Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Nissan warranty

Home page 2023 Forums New and News Nissan warranty

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Stu Brookes

Hi, I bought 2 Nissan NV400 vans brand new from the dealer, 1 of the vehicles had problems since the first week of ownership & eventually broke down 2 months into ownership.
      The vehicle now has been at the dealers for nearly 4 months (YES 4 MONTHS) & they can’t seem to be able to repair it.
      After nearly 3 weeks Nissan hired me a vehicle, this however is smaller than our one & doesn’t have the extra security that I had fitted & neither does it have the live tracker that I’m required to have to use it at my main contract.
      I am losing probably close to £2000 a month & nothing seems to be getting solved, I asked about compensation or getting the vehicle replaced but all I’m told is that they are supplying a vehicle to use & I’m not entitled to anything?
      Is there anyone out there that could give any advice as shortly my business will be in serious financial trouble.
      Currently, the vehicle is sitting in the dealerships yard with the dash & wiring hanging out & I’m not convinced they could even put this back together without it causing me more problems.

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Stu. If you’re using the vehicle for business purposes, you’re not covered by the Consumer Rights Act.

I suggest you contact Nissan UK head office and keep hounding them about the quality of their vehicles and the level of service being provided by the dealership.

Mary Corduff

Hello
      We purchased a Nissan XTrail 171 Oct 18 at a cost €24,500 (including VRT) from Pat Kirk Motors, Omagh.

Service due came up on dash board circa yr later at which time time we contacted Pat Kirk Motors to ensure we carried out all necessary actions to protect our warranty.
      Aaron advised to book in the car or in order to protect our warranty, ensure that we use main dealer parts for the service. We booked the car in for service with our local main dealer – Randles Tralee but within days the engine management light appeared on dashboard and the car started loosing power and simultaneously the stop start notification came up.
      Worried about the car loosing power we called into a local garage and they plugged in the car – they agreed to service it there and then- having used main dealer parts only.
      They noticed an oil leak and as it was still under warranty they advised that we go straight to main dealer and they didn’t investigate any further . We again contacted Aaron from Pat Kirks and he advised to contact the RAC to have the car carried to Tralee, over 40 miles away (Randles, our local main dealer) as it was under warranty. At this point we were given a replacement car.
      Examination of the car suggested a blocked DPF. They also found that the A/C wasn’t working but said that they would first have to address the DPF problem before acting on the other problems ie oil leak or A/C.
      At this stage we contacted Pat Kirks again, spoke to Phil Moss who said that the oil leak had nothing to do with the DPF.
      Randles were unable to work on our car for a few days but within 4 days the rental car company said the rental car was no longer covered by RAC and contact garage to continue the rental cover .
      This is the point where no one wanted to take responsibility for our issues.
      Randles said it was up to Pat Kirks to extend the rental and to extend the warranty but Pat Kirks said it was our local dealer who had to continue the warranty but thought that the oil leak an A/C is covered by warranty.
      Randles said if you were OUR customer we would cover the DPF regeneration!!!

Having contacted Nissan Ireland they said it’s not a Nissan Ireland problem – take it up with Pat Kirk Motors- (not even having contacted either garage!!!). Also they suggested contacting NISSAN UK!!
      Pat Kirks and Randles ARE BOTH NISSAN DEALERS !!!
      At what stage does Pan European cover kick in???
      Can you please advise us as to where we stand regarding this issue as we are nearly two weeks without a car, at a high cost and no resolve from any party.
      Regards,
      Mary Corduff

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.