• Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Paint work chipped (Vauxhall Adam)

Home Forums Blogs Paint work chipped (Vauxhall Adam)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Kaeli

I got a brand new Vauxhall Adam in October last year (67 plate) from Arnold Clark. I wanted it on finance but was unable due to the negative equity of the car I was trading in. So have it as a personal loan through Barclays. Due to the negative equity, I’m paying nearly double a month for this car.

The paintwork on the bumper, bonnet, wings and both doors is covered in chips and it’s less than 7 months old. I’ve already had to get a brand new tyre and a brand new windscreen in the short time I’ve had the car and it’s costing me a fortune and I’m not willing to pay to get the cars paintwork fixed.

Could anyone give me advice on how to approach this matter with Arnold Clark and what my consumer rights are and if I have a chance to get this sorted through Arnold Clark without having to pay?

• #131521 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Kaeli. Given that we’ve been through one of the worst winters in recent history, there are plenty of cars covered in chipped paintwork from all the gritting on the roads.

I don’t think you have much hope trying to get the work rectified by the dealership for free, unless you can show proof that the paint quality is sub-par and that is causing it to chip easily, so it should be covered by your new car warranty. Your chances of winning that argument are probably very slim.

Reply To: Paint work chipped (Vauxhall Adam)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: