fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

PCP finance

Home page 2023 Forums New and News PCP finance

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ron Jones (ronjo94)

Hi. A little over 3 weeks ago I purchased a new car on PCP over the phone. The terms were acceptable to me. Later the same day the dealer told me that the car had been ordered and that the finance had been accepted. The order form was sent to me via email which I signed and returned. The PCP contract was not sent however. I contacted the dealer who replied that he would contact the finance co. and I should receive the Docs in a couple of days. This did not happen and I contacted the finance co. directly. They referred me back to the dealer who was non-committal and suggested that I wait. I have not yet received the contract so, how long do you think that I should wait. Is there a problem that no one wants to talk to me about? Perhaps you could advise me please.

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Ron. When are you expecting the car to be ready? Finance docs should not be signed until 48 hours before delivery, so if your car is still weeks away then it’s not a problem that you don’t have the formal finance contract.

However, that doesn’t explain why the dealership hasn’t simply advised that. It’s impossible to speculate further if the dealership hasn’t told you anything.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.