• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

PCP travel restriction 60days what happens if you go overin EU

Home Forums Car finance PCP travel restriction 60days what happens if you go overin EU

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    – none –

Can any one tell me how pcp finance comp can restrict me to just 60 days travel in Europe per annum what if I travel
    70 days,
    How do they know and what can they do about it.

• #65136 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Jasmin. Is this a PCP finance issue or an insurance issue? Normally the main requirement of the finance company is for you to be resident in the UK, but I’ve not aware of specific limitations on number of days you can travel abroad.

• #65138 Reply
    Jasmin

Its PCP Finance with VW Finance and also applies
    To other PCP contracts in conjunction
    With major car manufacturers ie Porsche
    Volvo Audi etc.
    It’s a clause in your agreement not to take the car to Europe for more tha 60 days in one year .
    How can they say this and how do they
    Monitor this and is it legal?.

• #65139 Reply
      Jasmin

Can anyone help with this problem in the fine print in yourPCP agreement ? It’s as if it’s not your ar but you have put down thousands of pounds deposit!!
      and you have arrests toon to 60 days in Europe with your own car ,is this Legal and how can it be enforced Stuart.

• #65140 Reply
    – none –

Sorry re spelling in last quote what I meant was and you only have under your PCP agreement 60 days Per year of your 3
    year PCP Finance agreement to use your car in Europe,
    This I find totally unacceptable and only found out after taking out the agreement and reading the fine print.
    Can you advise on this, is it enforceable,also is it legal in consumer law ,
    thanks hope you can help because I think lots of car buyers just don’t realise this clause when taking out PCP with
    All the car finance/car manufactures in UK.

• #65143 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

I’m not familiar with it, and you’ll need specific legal advice if you want to contest it. Try Legal Beagles to see if any of their legal experts can advise.

Reply To: PCP travel restriction 60days what happens if you go overin EU

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: