Porsche Cayenne 2004 high mileage 180k do I buy?

Home Forums Buying a Car Porsche Cayenne 2004 high mileage 180k do I buy?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Looking for some advice! I need an SUV for my weekend business as I need more boot space than I currently have. I have a small budget so didn’t think I would find many attractive options, then I came across an advert for a 2004 Porsche Cayenne V6 which I really like the look of. It’s priced at £3k which is within my budget & apart from some expected wear & tear does look in good condition. It comes with full service history & a full MOT. However, it also comes with really high mileage of 180k miles on the clock!!

I don’t need this car to last me years and years, I would be happy with 2! However I do need it to be reliable and don’t have many spare funds for repairs should numerous start to happen. It’s a petrol engine which I’ve heard aren’t as long lasting as diesel but as you can probably tell from my post I am a bit clueless when it comes to cars!

All things considered would I be a fool to buy this car?! If so are there any other SUVs around my price range that anyone would recommend for reliability & style? TIA

• #131094 Reply
      Stuart MassonStuart Masson
      Keymaster

Hi Emily. It’s probably a higher-risk option than buying a much newer £3K used SUV from a less-prestigious brand.

You would need to have a good look through the service history and see that it has been done properly (rather than just some stamps in a book), and also look through the MOT history to see if there are any advisories in recent years that have not been attended to.

Viewing 1 reply thread
Reply To: Porsche Cayenne 2004 high mileage 180k do I buy?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: