• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Private Plate

Home Forums Buying a Car Private Plate

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Dag Hammar 1 month ago.

• Author
    Liv

Hi,

This is going to be a really naive post but I need some help.

So I have a private plate on my current car which I own out right. I am in the process of negotiating a deal for a new car on PCP. I’m selling my current car through We Buy Any Car as I was offered more money than the dealership.

Can someone explain the process to me as to how I get my private plate onto my new car and the best way to do it?

Thanks so much.

• #172271 Reply
    Dag Hammar

Get on the internet and in the search box enter
    “DVLA Transfer of personalised number plate” and a whole load of information will pop up with the correct links to the DVLA.
    Whatever you do, do not let WBAC take your vehicle off you with your personal plate still attached to the car or you may as well wave goodbye to your personal registration forever.
    You must do the transfer via the DVLA who will issue another registration for your current vehicle. The safest option is to put your personal registration onto a retention certificate and then transfer your personal reg to your new car at a later date.

Reply To: Private Plate

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: