• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Problem outside warranty

Home Forums Any Other Business Problem outside warranty

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author
    Susan

Hi. Can I ask for some advice please?

I bought a 65 Fiat 500L at the beginning of March with less than 5000 miles on it. I’m a driving instructor so had dual controls fitted and has now done 11000 miles. ( still not a lot for its age) I got the usual 3-month warranty.

A couple of weeks ago my engine management light came on with the message ” check engine” it lost power but started again and continued ok. I got it checked and the diagnostic test showed the EGR valve blocked. So I had a new one fitted while away on holiday.

Last week the same thing happened again when I got home. My local mechanic checked it out to make sure the replacement valve was actually a new one, which it was. He said I will have to go to Fiat to see what they find.

What I would like to ask before I go is although the fault happened after the 3 month period is there anything I can do to save myself more expense?

Thanks, Sue

• #177467 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Susan. Until you know what’s causing the fault, it’s impossible to say what your options will be.

Also, because you’re using it as a business vehicle and you have had the car modified, your options are likely to be reduced. You won’t be covered by the Consumer Rights Act as that only applies to personal use vehicles.

Reply To: Problem outside warranty

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: