• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Purchased car, later found out the car trader had purchased car from auction.

Home Forums Any Other Business Purchased car, later found out the car trader had purchased car from auction.

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Chris Brown 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author
    Chris Brown

Hi,
    Car trader did not inform me the car was bought from an auction. Also I was not informed the car had another cylinder head fitted, the paper for the cylinder head replacement was withheld and not included in all the other Service and MOT paperwork. I found out about the above 3 months after purchasing the car when the auxiliary belt broken and entwined around the Cam belt resulting in engine damage. I am trying to get a refund because I was misled but the car salesman withholding infomation. Have I got a reasonable case?
    Furthermore, I have been told it is illegal for the car trade to purchase cars from an auction and sell on their forecourt. I that true?

Regards
    Chris Brown

Reply To: Purchased car, later found out the car trader had purchased car from auction.

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: