• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Jaguar F-Pace software issues

Home Forums Buying a Car Jaguar F-Pace software issues

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Sarah

I purchased a Jaguar F-Pace S 3-litre with top spec only to find out lots of functions not working.Went back to dealer and they couldn’t resolve issue so said it was software problem and they had actually been waiting for the update due in December 2017 the same month I had purchased my car but didn’t mention problems to me.

They gave me a date in January which took me over 30 day full refund rejection. I trusted them stupidly and now it’s Friday my car was booked in for Monday and they have called to say software not ready until February with no guarantees it will be resolved. It’s 17 days after the 30 day cut off and I’m reading customer reviews which are looking bad for any resolution to these problems.

i want to know what I can do now? They could keep fobbing me off for the 6 month period that I can still reject car. I want to reject this car but it’s on PCP with a large deposit put down. What can I do ?

• #127572 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Sarah. You can reject the car at any time. Because you are now outside the first 30 days, the dealer is entitled to one attempt to repair the problem after you formally notify them of your wish to reject the car. If they can fix it, you lose the right to reject.

However, you could potentially argue that you are still inside your first 30 days, which means you don’t have to accept a repair. If you don’t count the time between you advising the dealer of the fault (in December) and them being able to actually look at it (in January or February or whenever they get around to it), you may still be less than 30 days into your ownership.

It depends on how you interpret the law, and I’d suggest consulting with a consumer lawyer to make sure you have the best chance of achieving this. It won’t necessarily be accepted (it may depend on how much use you have had of the car over that time), but may be worth a go. There are certainly provisions regarding this, to ensure that dealers don’t keep fobbing you off until you are outside your warranty or rejection period, but I’m not a lawyer to advise you on how to go about arguing it correctly.

Reply To: Jaguar F-Pace software issues

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: