• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Rejecting a car after 27 days

Home Forums Buying a Car Rejecting a car after 27 days

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
    ALEX NORTH

Hi. I bought a 2011 Vauxhall Corsa which was a “cat c” write off at half the price of a normal one. The trader gave me a 12 months warranty in the price (although the invoice stated them separately).

I did 620 miles in 3 weeks then the water pump went. I took it to a garage who told me the thermostat had gone and a sensor £260 which i paid for then it broke down a week later.

I contacted the trader told him i was rejecting the car and that he had to pick it up. He asked me why I hadn’t used the warranty for the pump etc, I said I just want to reject it, he offered to get a local garage to pick it up and see why it had broken down. I refused, I just want a refund. Am I correct or should I go to court? Many thanks in advance. alex

• #175196 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Alex. If it is a simple fix to repair the car’s fault, you may struggle to reject the car under the Consumer Rights Act – especially as it is a Cat C write-off and you were aware that it had suffered previous significant damage.

Within the first 30 days you do have the right to reject without accepting a repair, but if you go to court then there is certainly the risk that a judge will rule against you.

Reply To: Rejecting a car after 27 days

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: