• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Reject car involved in accident

Home Forums Car finance Reject car involved in accident

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author
    Raj

Hi. I purchased a 3 yr old Mercedes E220 8 months ago.. noticed few problems after 6 months. 1st Mot was done last month.. (advisory-sub frame damage).. got car aligned following day.. left side front could not be aligned as was informed sub-frame damage and told car had been involved in an accident. The same week I had Mercedes service done.. also informed about subframe damage.

Following week, broke down, pulley belt snapped.. Mercedes informed, most likely reason, car us out of alignment, that’s why belt snapped. (car had done 27,000 miles)

Do I had car towed to dealer who repaired the pully as Mercedes were asking far too much. i informed the dealer that the car has sub-frame damage, three independent professionals had verified that the car had been involved in accident.. so I have rejected the car..

Dealer stated that car was purchased from a leasing company and they are referring the matter to them…the cars on finance…

My problem is, I need a prestigious car for my work, and this week at a cost of £400, I had to hire a car for 5 days at my own expense.

Dealer can only offer me a 13 yr old runaround which is definitely not suitable..
    I had been sold a car that had been in a serious accident and I was totally oblivious to this when I purchased it.

Need some urgent advice please.

• #170977 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Raj. A dealer is not obliged to disclose whether a car has been involved in an accident unless the car has been declared an insurance write-off (Categories S or N, formerly Categories C or D).

You may be able to reject the vehicle under the Consumer Rights Act if the engine damage can be traced to the sub-frame damage, but you have had the car more than six months so it will be up to you to prove that this damage was there when you bought the car.

Reply To: Reject car involved in accident

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: