• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Rejecting a New Car – Time Period (Range Rover Sport)

Home Forums Any Other Business Rejecting a New Car – Time Period (Range Rover Sport)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Richard Shaw

I recently purchased a new Range Rover Sport which was delivered on 31 January 2018.
    Within a day or two I identified a number of unacceptable faults/quality issues: Knocking noise from front suspension, poor quality leather seat upholstery, and intermittent issues with steering wheel electronic controls, plus some minor trim issues.
    I arranged a visit to my local dealer (asap) on 6 March who agreed that the issues were present but the earliest date I could book the car in for Warranty Repair was 27 February (a delay of 3 weeks). The faults were not corrected on that day so the car had to be booked in again – the earliest available date was 15 March (a further delay of more than two weeks).
    The car is STILL in the garage – they have now had it for 8 days – but have been so far unable to resolve the suspension problem. The dealer has also agreed to replace leather seats but they are on back order with no estimated delivery date!
    Do I have the right to reject the car and if so do the delays in being able to book the car in for repair AND the time the car has been in the dealership effectively EXTEND the initial 30 day rejection period?

• #130125 Reply
    Richard Shaw

Correction – initial visit to dealer was 6 FEBRUARY – not 6 March as shown on original post

• #130226 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Richard. Any days that the dealer has your car do not count towards your initial 30 days. This makes sure that a dealer can’t simply hold onto your car until the 30-day period has passed to try and deny you your customer rights.

For more information, have a read of our article about rejecting a faulty car.

Reply To: Rejecting a New Car – Time Period (Range Rover Sport)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: