fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Rejecting used car from dealer within 30 days

Home page 2023 Forums Buying a Car Rejecting used car from dealer within 30 days

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Mac

I’ve purchased a used vehicle 5 days ago from a dealer (9 years old mileage: 82k)
      I’ve recently had the car checked and following issues were found and needed replacing
      Wishbones both sides
      Ball joints both sides
      Breaks
      Anti roll bar bush
      Mainly issues with the suspension.

I’ve asked the dealer specifically about wishbones and suspension in general and assured me its been checked.
      The car has only 2 month MOT left and in the current state the car wouldn’t pass MOT for issues listed above.

I am aware vehicles purchased from a dealer with “significant faults” can be returned although what exactly is considered as a significant fault as this is covered vaguely. Based on the issues listed can the vehicle be rejected under the grounds that the vehicle is not of satisfactory quality, and free from any defect”.

Please advise

Neil

I brought a MERCEDES SLK55 AMG 3 WEEKS AGO. The dealer said and gave paperwork to confirm a AA 128 point inspection and a new MOT was done. WEEK 1 in garage for 2 days ABS SENSOR WENT ON FRONNT NEAR SIDE. WEEK 2 IN GARAGE AGAIN ABS SENSOR WENT FRONT OFF SIDE.
      WEEK 3 NEAR SIDE REAR SUSPENSION ARM SNAPPED COMPLETELY IN 2 MAKING MY WHEEL COME OUT AT AN ANGLE AT 25MPH. THIS COULD HAVE HAD DRASTIC CONSEQUENCES IF I WAS GOING 60/70MPH AS TOLD THE WHEEL NUTS WOULD HAVE SNAPPED LOST MY WHEEL LOST CONTROL BRAKE DISK WOULD GRAB TARMAC AND FLIPPED THE CAR.THIS HAPPENED ON TUESDAY 22ND MAY SO CAR AWAITING REPAIR IN GALRAGE UNDER WARRANTY. THE CAR IS 6 YEARS OLD AND 29,000 ON THE CLOCK. I HAVE NOW LOST CONFIDENCE AND DONT TRUST THE CAR AT ALL. CAN I GET A FULL REFUND FROM DEALER as only had it 22 days and has spent 9+ days in garage being repaired.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.