• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Retirement car

Home Forums Buying a Car Retirement car

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Dag Hammar 4 days, 10 hours ago.

• Author
    Kevin

Having just retired, and have an 11 year old car -Nissan note, it would really help me to replace with a zero-30 tax cost going forward (a 3 year old). Reliability means i have bought Japanese for 25 years

New cars used to lose 30% on sale, but modern cars seem to hold prices, is this true?

Always bought Japanese (for reliability), but “taken” with Kia Rio-though with colour restrictions (No black or white wanted-keep washing), very few around. I therefore have to consider alternatives, eg toyota aygo (which looks too small), or yaris (expensive-for what i need). But maybe hybrid. I also have a 1.6, therefore will lose power? Skoda, seems a good option

Any suggestions most welcome

• #167790 Reply
    Dag Hammar

If you like the Kia Rio then you should also look closely at the Hyundai i20 which is basically the same car. The model produced 2015 to 2018 is a good looking car. I would avoid the 1.2 petrol engine as perhaps not powerful enough. The 1.4 is good but few manual models available but plenty of the 1.4 four-speed automatics out there to choose from.
    I do not think they will fall into the £30 per year VED, perhaps approx £140 VED band.

Reply To: Retirement car

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: