• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Right to reject a car delivered damaged (Mini)

Home Forums Buying a Car Right to reject a car delivered damaged (Mini)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Tony

Hi, we had a Mini Cooper 2017 plate delivered yesterday.

Upon inspection, we found several faults. Scratches on both mirrors, small dents both sides and scratched. Inside there was deep scratch damage on rear pillar, centre consul and above the glovebox.
    We refused to take delivery , the dealer asked the driver to return to them with the car. Later we had a text apologising for missing the damage and they would put it right. Later they phoned and said they couldn’t do all of the repairs – one because of the warranty ? And another because it would need a new dashboard ?

The car also had a chip/crack on the windscreen. We purchased the car via the internet and telephone. We paid full price and asked for a video . The salseman in the video stated the car was in perfect condition. Obviously it wasn’t. We purchased from a Mini dealer- Park Lane Mini, Mayfair London.

Although my wife signed the contract sent to us via e-mail she signed it stating as unseen. We have not signed anything else i.e. a handover document or V5. When I told the salesman that we do not own the car yet as we have not taken possession he stated you have signed the order.

Do we or the dealer own the car at present and as we have not accepted delivery of the damaged car , are we entitled to reject the car and get a full refund.

Has anyone else had this problem
    Any advise would be truly appreciated.
    Thanks
    Tony

• #137901 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Tony. If you bought the car completely off-site (as you said, via internet and telephone), then you have 14 days to cancel the purchase and get a full refund – regardless of the damage.

For more information, have a read of our article about buying a car and changing your mind.

Reply To: Right to reject a car delivered damaged (Mini)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: