fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Lexus RX 450h – disappointed at noise levels in car

Home page 2023 Forums Car Reviews Lexus RX 450h – disappointed at noise levels in car

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Evelyn

This is my 4th Lexus, I love the brand, always reliable, top quality cars, have had them since 1994.

First the GS 300 twice and then RX 450h twice, the first RX 450 was a 10-plate, solid car, but decided to buy a brand new one. It really upsets me, the level of outside noise that’s heard within the car, never had this with any of the other three cars.

Took it to Lexus to check it and they did check it over well, said it was normal, as the more Lexus reduce weight etc in the car, something has to give. Well I am not happy at all, every time I am sitting in traffic, I think a door or window is not closed properly its that bad, making me think to change the car now!

Anyone else experienced this..?

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Evelyn. You’d need to drive an identical model 2018 RX 450h to see if it sounds exactly the same.

If it does, then chances are it is just a characteristic of the vehicle. However, if the other one is noticeably quieter, then you have a case to say your car is not as it should be.

min aung

Try sound meter (decibels) measure all previous models that you have driven and current CAR to eliminate subjective opinion as far as I am aware the newer rx450h would givev50 to 60 decibels irrespective of the drive mode in all terrain…..good luck….mza

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.