- 22 January 2018 at 8:53 pm #127536KamilGuest
Good afternoon, mid-March 2017 I leased brand new SEAT Ateca. Last week whilst driving the clutch got stuck half way in and I had to stop as I was unable to change gears and drive anymore (there was smoke coming from under the bonnet). Car was towed away to the Seat dealer for repair.
I was told that the clutch became faulty due to my driving style, I don’t agree with their opinion and the car has done only 1,200miles since new. Please advise what can I do? Thank you!
- 23 January 2018 at 4:07 pm #127587Stuart MassonKeymaster
Hi Kamil. Obviously, you’re entitled to a second opinion from an independent clutch specialist before simply paying up. Clutches are wear-and-tear parts, so it is entirely possible that your driving style has caused the breakage. Whether it’s likely, rather than just possible, is not for me to say.
- 31 January 2018 at 2:20 pm #127778DavidGuest
The dual mass flywheel burnt out on my nearly new Ateca. Is it possible to drive the car if the clutch friction plate is ok?
Failed clutches appear to be common on 1 litre Atecas so please don’t go public on this enquiry for the time being.
- 1 February 2018 at 1:41 pm #127812
- The forum ‘Technical Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.