fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Service book and MOT

Home page 2023 Forums Buying a Car Service book and MOT

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Judith mcnulty

Hi Stuart , Another thing concerning my paperwork from Honda on a CR-V I bought last week 12/07/2018.

They forgot they say to stamp my service book as the previous owner must have taken a 5-year service deal out when he bought the car, Honda said they would service the CR-V before it left and MOT it for the first time as its three years old.

Well they didn’t give me a service for free as I thought as they took it out of the five year plan already paid for, But when they sent me the details in the post as it was bought online it wasn’t stamped saying it was serviced, So I contacted them and they said send it to them, So I did last week and they would have to sign the post to say they have got it, Well Friday I called again and they said they hadn’t had it in the post yet so I am still waiting for the service book to be stamped and returned.

What if they still say they haven’t received it in the post? What then?

And earlier I asked about the MOT certificate they reckon I do not need as its done online nowadays they have said? Again I am a little confused? Thanks Judith .

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

If the previous owner took out a five-year service plan than the dealer will obviously charge the service to that plan. Not sure why that would be a problem – you’re not paying for it so it’s effectively free to you.

The service book may have arrived at reception and been signed for, but simply not made it across to the service advisor’s desk due to laziness. Keep chasing them.

Answered the MOT question separately on your other enquiry. All MOT inspection data is now stored and accessible online at https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Judith mcnulty

Hi Stuart , I had the service Book back today 24/07/2018 and stamped , Thing is its not mine . Waiting for tomorrow now as the guy is off today, I was told to ring back tomorrow . So at least we are going some where , What i meant of not having a service for free was when we were talking about the car the very first time the salesman said all their cars are serviced and MOT before they leave , and that the vehicle will come with free servicing to 2021 which i must have taken the wrong way . I thought as he said they service all cars i then automatically that i still had the three years free , It doesn’t matter anything and i should have explained . But thanks for your help Stuart .. Judith .

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.