fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Hyundai service plan doesn’t exist?

Home page 2023 Forums Any Other Business Hyundai service plan doesn’t exist?

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      David Hopkins

Hi there,

My wife bought a Hyundai i10 two years ago and we purchased a five-year service plan with Hyundai at just over £500.

We were told that it could be serviced at any Hyundai dealership. My wife just had her second service and was told her car is not on the service plan database and that she will have to take out a further service plan with our current dealer.

We bought the car in Swansea but live in Durham so the car is serviced up in the north. The dealership informed us Hyundai in Swansea went out of business and changed names so they called the Swansea dealership and simply replied it’s not our problem, we received no notification about this happening from Swansea.

Where on earth do we go from here? I have all the relevant receipts and invoice but not sure what is the best approach to proceed in this matter. Much thanks in advance.

David.

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi David. If your maintenance plan allowed the car to be serviced at any Hyundai dealership, then you should be able to raise the matter with Hyundai UK. If you have all the relevant receipts and paperwork, they should be able to assist in getting you registering on the system and enabling you to use the plan you have paid for.

David Hopkins

Hi well I’ve been in touch with Hyundai customers services and found out the Swansea dealership lied to us and sold us their own unofficial Hyundai service plan in full knowledge we were going to service the car in darlington up north. Can’t believe they can lie and
      Deceive like this. I have sent my story to watchdog. Don’t know what else to do really. Dave.

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
        Participant

Ah. Well that’s rather a different situation then. I’m afraid your chances of ever recovering your losses will be slim to none.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.