• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Storage on car you have just bought but not yet collected

Home Forums Buying a Car Storage on car you have just bought but not yet collected

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Christopher New 1 month ago.

• Author
    Christopher New

I bought a car at the online auction. I was given a week to pay and collect. i PAID and went in the last to collect. They refused to release the car they said they need 48 hours notice. Notice was given but in order to not waste time tried phoning but no one answered. The driver then gave up on collecting the car for me. After a few days i tried calling the auctioneer to see if car was collected. No answer. Texted and after got a message car still with them . I was asked whn would i like to collect We agreed a new date.

On the day while i was travelling to them they cancelled that appointment saying they had too many bookings for the day. I got there without knowing about the cancellation. I asked for the car I was told not booked for the day. I argued that i had a booking for the day. Then suddenly The officer said okay I will sort the car out for you but you have to pay £500 storage. I told them you held on to my car because of your rules now you want me to pay storage.

I was told it is business and the rules says storage must be paid. No payment no car.

Of course I left them with the car because i know they were wrong in what they are doing

WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW TO ADDRESS THIS ISSUE.

CHEERS . .

Reply To: Storage on car you have just bought but not yet collected

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: