• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

They made a mistake but had already taken my deposit

Home Forums Buying a Car They made a mistake but had already taken my deposit

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Fiona 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Fiona

I have been looking at a car over the past week. I booked a test drive for this morning. I left my car to be looked over for part exchange while on the test drive.
    When we returned we looked of the figures (and had them printed and re-printed as changes were made – so at least 3 times) until we found a price we were happier with. I signed this initial paperwork, went through the compliance documents (which have actually been sent via email to me) and signed them, had all the other paperwork ready in front of us. I had also paid the agreed £250 deposit for the car and were looking at picking it up on Wednesday.
    The finance guy, then came over saying there had been a mistake. He had inputted the reg wrong and the part exchange figure was wrong for our car… obviously his fault and mistake… so he said we have a short fall of £2000 now and he can’t move the figures for my car to get it to match. I sadly said that we now couldn’t afford that and asked for a refund and left. On reflection and looking through their terms and conditions, was this legal? Was he in the wrong? Was it binding at that stage?
    I would appreciate you looking in to this for me. I look forward to your response.

Reply To: They made a mistake but had already taken my deposit

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: