• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Trader wants to reverse exchange

Home Forums Buying a Car Trader wants to reverse exchange

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 10 months ago.

• Author
    Laura Webb

Last week I part exchanged my Nissan Qashqai for a newer Ford Focus.

Everything went smoothly, owner of dealership decided not to test drive the car but gave it a look over and was happy to go ahead.

He gave me the green slip from the V5 for the ford and took the whole V5 for the Qashqai.
    Now, 4 days later the owner has called me saying the Qashqai is showing a fault, he’s run the diagnostics and can’t work out what the fault is. So he’s decided he “doesn’t want to be involved” and just wants to swap cars back.

The Qashqai wasn’t showing any fault when I left it so do I have to take it back now? Does anyone know my rights before I go to citizens advice about it?

Thank you!

• #142158 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Laura. No, he can’t do that. He can huff and puff as much as he likes, but if you’ve paid for your new car and done everything correctly for the old car, it’s his.

If he believes that you have lied to him about the condition of your Qashqai, he’d have to take you to court to prove it. He’s highly unlikely to do that.

Reply To: Trader wants to reverse exchange

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: