• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Transmission visit workshop – Mercedes B-Class

Home Forums Any Other Business Transmission visit workshop – Mercedes B-Class

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    F.Power

Hi, I bought a 2006 Mercedes B-Class about 6 weeks ago and it has been going into limp mode. I brought it to a Mercedes garage yesterday to have it tested! It came back with the following faults:1. Fault code – 0896: Impermissible adjustment of the step-down ratio in the continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT) 2. Fault code – 0793: The rpm signal from component Y3/9b4 (CVT(continuously variable automatic transmission) secondary rpm sensor) is not available. 3. Fault code – 0722: The rpm signal from component Y3/9b5 (CVT(continuously variable automatic transmission) output rpm sensor) is not available.

The garage quoted me £800 😞 anyone had this problem in the UK? Also how much did u pay? And are the garage I bought it from obliged to help with the cost? Thanks

• #131999 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

If you have a used car warranty on the vehicle, it may be covered. If not, you may be able to reject the car under the Consumer Rights Act.

Reply To: Transmission visit workshop – Mercedes B-Class

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: