• Offers
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum

Dealer tricked ex-wife

Home Forums Buying a Car Dealer tricked ex-wife

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar karl 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    fred

Hi, long story short left a deposit for a new car told to pick up next week and it’s a model below the one she wanted. Now what to do – lose deposit or pay more for next model up? I think she is a fool for not checking but she is new to car buying.

Thanks, karl

• #152335 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi karl. Unless she has some kind of proof that she has been mis-sold, then she’s signed a legally-binding contract to buy that car.

In that case, her options are probably as you suggest – either walk away and lose her deposit, or pay extra to get the car she actually wants.

• #152500 Reply
    James Conway

Like Stuart said unless there is strong proof that the car she wanted was not the one she was sold then unfortunately there isn’t much she can do other than take the L on her deposit.

This happened to me when I picked up my Clio, I went expecting a light blue car and ended up with a grey rust bucket.

Because I signed all the paperwork I had no choice but to run it and ended up making just scrapping it.

• #152861 Reply
      karl

thanks she has beening silly and didnt check her paperwork i got my son to check and its was for the right model and she has her new car now and is happy thanks anyway karl

Reply To: Dealer tricked ex-wife
Your information: