Uncooperative Dealer

Home Forums Buying a Car Uncooperative Dealer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Does anyone think it unreasonable to claim your legal rights?
      I bought a car in August this year. Two days later I noticed that the headlights had failed. By the end of the week the rear wiper went missing and the hand brake warning light came on. Over the next couple of weeks several different warning lights came on at different times (ECU, Air-bag , ABS. Transmission, Service )and the Rev counter would drop to zero while still driving. I had all the fault codes cleared to find out what the real problem was but the gearbox failed totally six weeks after buying.
      The dealer took four weeks to get that fixed and then sold me a warranty which I still haven’t had the paperwork for four weeks on. Three weeks after the gearbox repair the washer pump failed and then either the gearbox or the drive shaft went.
      I’ve told the dealer I’m rejecting the car under the Consumer Rights act. That right has been confirmed by Citizens Advice, RAC legal, GMB Union legal and the Business Guidance service. I’m getting nowhere with the dealer, so the next step looks like court proceedings. More money!!

Viewing 0 reply threads
Reply To: Uncooperative Dealer
Your information: