fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Used Car Advice – VW Polo or Golf, or SEAT Ibiza?

Home page 2023 Forums Buying a Car Used Car Advice – VW Polo or Golf, or SEAT Ibiza?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Richard

Hi,

I am just deciding what car to buy as a replacement for my Renault clio. I only have a budget of around £1500 however i don’t need anything flash or fast, I just want something that has a good chance of reliability and will get me from A to B. I wont be doing too many miles maybe 6000 a year.

I have been looking at VW Polo’s as i am told they are reliable for the money and I also really like their looks. I have also noticed that i could get a VW Golf for around £1500 so i am also considering these as they are a bit more spacious… I really like the look of the VW’s however the third car i have looked at and am interested in is the Seat Ibiza.

I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to cars, I have done really well with my first car (clio) and had it for 5 years but it needs a lot of work now so time to let go.

I guess its just a question of where a budget of around £1500 would be best spent…

I am open to suggestions and any advice that anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Richard. The Polo and Ibiza are roughly the same size as your Clio, whereas a Golf is the next size up, closer to something like a Renault Megane or a SEAT Leon.

At your budget, I’d be looking closely at service history and overall condition. They are all good cars and should provide equally reliable transport.

Make sure you drive anything you are thinking about buying to make sure you are comfortable with it – you’d be surprised how many people end up disliking a car for something trivial that they could have discovered before spending their money.

Have a read of our top car buying article: The Car Expert’s ten golden rules for buying a car.

Richard

Thanks a lot for your advice Stuart. I went for an 2006 Polo with 11 service stamps. Lovely little car, I am really happy with it!

Cheers.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.