Used Car Purchase – My Rights?

Home Forums Any Other Business Used Car Purchase – My Rights?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar Tom K 1 month ago.

• Author
    Tom K

Hi,

Looking for some advice and/or opinion on my current scenario.

So, I will try to keep the story brief:

Purchased car November 2018 and was advised both front heated seats weren’t working but these would be fixed by dealer.
    Heated seats are noted on both the deposit and sales invoices under PDI details.
    4 months later and this repair still hasn’t been completed despite me chasing on numerous occasions.
    Car has been checked by auto electrician who confirmed wiring to be fine but pads/elements within the seats need replacing and they would inform dealership of this.
    Dealership state they are trying to source the parts somewhere cheaply because they don’t have enough margin in the car to spend a lot on the repair.
    Still no repair.
    Dealership then wants to do retrofit of non standard heated seat parts.
    I decline stating he is modifying vehicle away from standard and this puts me in negative situation.
    Dealer says he never said it would be standard repair.
    I state he also didn’t outline it would be non standard.
    I arrange for quote for repair to standard and this comes in at £3700 (car value £5500).
    I emailed dealership with several options to resolve. Repair to standard, replace with vehicle of similar value that needs no repair. take vehicle back and give me £5000 to purchase elsewhere.
    Dealership advise they will not entertain replace/rejection and refund and will continue to look for parts in used market.
    I have issued letter before claim and plan to pursue small claims to reject and refund now based on timescales where no repair has taken place.

My issue here is that I would not have purchased this car if he had been clear at point of sale about a non standard repair and/or the significant costs involved in the repair.

Have received email from Lawgistics recently stating they would robustly defend any action (scare tactics?) and I am not entitled to the repair under consumer rights act as I knew about the problem and agreed to take the car anyway.
    Also offered me £300.

My response was the sale was agreed subject to the repair being completed and the consumer rights act was still relevant here.

Any advice is appreciated.

Determined to hold these guys to account following their non clarity at point of sale and things only being an issue once they knew it was going to be expensive to repair.

The director of the company actually told me on the phone they could have sold this car 100 times over in its current state without any promise of repair and he didn’t know why the guy who dealt with me even mentioned it?
    If that’s the case, why don’t they take it back and do so…

Reply To: Used Car Purchase – My Rights?
Your information: