• Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Used car rejection (Mini Cooper)

Home Forums Buying a Car Used car rejection (Mini Cooper)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 11 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Daniel Clarke

HiI would appreciate some advice on a situation that has arisen with the purchase of a used car (Mini Cooper) for my son.

After the first day of driving the vehicle, a loud knocking noise was heard from the engine. I was advised not to drive it to limit any further damage and I contacted the second-hand dealer who recovered the car to assess it. They replaced the auxiliary belt and tensioner kit and a water pump tensioner and the car is ready to pick up.

My concern is whether there is further unseen damage to the engine (the knocking was very loud) and whether I can demand a full refund despite the fact that the dealer has repaired the car. I would appreciate some advice.

• #137055 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Daniel. Util you definitely know what the fault was, it’s impossible to say whether it is significant enough to reject the car under the Consumer Rights Act.

You can’t reject a vehicle because you’re worried that it may have a fault. You have to demonstrate an actual fault present in the vehicle that is significant enough to render the entire car faulty.

Reply To: Used car rejection (Mini Cooper)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: