• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Used car warranty (Range Rover Evoque EGR valve)

Home Forums Car finance Used car warranty (Range Rover Evoque EGR valve)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Lee Godwin

Hi Stuart
    Can you assist with some advice?

I purchased a 4yr old Range Rover Evoque for £23,000 on finance with a reputable prestige car dealer via a finance company.
    I signed paperwork on the 9th and the car was delivered 10 days later. One week into owning the car went into limp mode and engine management light came on.
    Dealer agreed I should take to the main dealer who have diagnosed an EGR valve replacement.
    Can I expect the dealer to cover this? The car has 3 months warranty on sale, but with a 3rd party I believe who are questioning the fault – the fee is £1000.
    Many thanks
    Lee

• #130234 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Lee. You will need to check your warranty documentation or speak to the warranty provider to see whether or not an EGR valve would be covered. Aftermarket warranties are basically insurance policies, and like any insurance policy there will be specific exclusions.

If the car is not working as it should and there is no easy fix to the problem, you may be able to reject it under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Have a read of our article about rejecting a faulty car.

Reply To: Used car warranty (Range Rover Evoque EGR valve)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: