• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Used Volvo V40 vs New Mazda 3

Home Forums Car Reviews Used Volvo V40 vs New Mazda 3

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 15 hours, 51 minutes ago.

• Author
    AndyB

My wife drives about 3 hours per day on a mix of motorway and city roads. We are mainly looking for a safe hatchback with a monthly cost of max 240/250.

Used Volvo V40 with about 40,000 km could be an option, I like the car and my friend had it for 3 years with no faults but I have seen it doesn’t have great reviews.

As an alternative, I was thinking of the new Mazda 3 which would cost probably more. Any views? Other suggestions?

• #176503 Reply
    AndyB

Just to add that she will keep the job for 6 months and up to a year but we will then use the car mainly in London so diesel is not a top priority but average to high performances (say 50 mpg) would be fine.

• #176852 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Andy. Our household has had a Volvo V40 for more than three years and we’ve been very happy with it. The V40 has also been rated as the safest used car in the UK for the last three years.
    I haven’t personally driven the new Mazda 3, but it has had good reviews across the UK media and it ranks very highly on our unique new Expert Rating system, which aggregates new car reviews from the top UK motoring reviewers.

Reply To: Used Volvo V40 vs New Mazda 3

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: