• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

van on finance for 1 year engine failure

Home Forums Car finance van on finance for 1 year engine failure

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar liam 1 month ago.

• Author
    liam

Hi, so i bought a van on finance a year and three months ago. 2 and a half weeks ago the power steering went so i put it in to be fixed, during fixing it the mechanic said he heard a slight ticking from the engine and blamed low oil so topped it up and told me to check the oil every few weeks. I checked it 3 days ago and it was fine, then yesterday morning while driving the ticking became much louder, then it felt like something shot out of the bottom of the engine, i pulled onto the hard shoulder and as i was pulling over the engine lost power.

after being recovered to a different mechanic closer to where i was at the time of breakdown, he told me the engine is completely ruined. ive tried contactiong the garage i bought the van from but havent managed to get through yet (after 5 calls, ford garage).

im not entirely sure if i have warranty as i cant find the paper work. my question is what do i do and who do i contact? the van is used for business use so no van means no work.

the point in this post is to attempt to find out my options and rights before contacting anyone to be sure i dont get fobbed off.

• #170775 Reply
    liam

also the van is on hire purchase so i believe issues fall to the financial company?

ive done around 40k miles in the last year but had it serviced 3 times in that time if that information helps

Reply To: van on finance for 1 year engine failure

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: