• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

2011 Vauxhall Zafira, power steering pump fault

Home Forums Buying a Car 2011 Vauxhall Zafira, power steering pump fault

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Kerry

Hi, I’m hoping anyone could help me today, I’ve only ever purchased one car and that had existing finance and was a complete disaster.

So, I’ve found a 2011 Vauxhall Zafira Excite Exoflex 1.7 CDTi diesel at a decent price, from a salvage company, it has no MOT as yet but I’ve paid £50 for this to be done before I purchase. I have purchased the HPI check and all is well apart from the recall outstanding (which can be done for free at any Vauxhall garage?) I have the previous MOT information and things like brushes have been changed, and tyre tread.

I’ve also been able to get the full service history from the lease company the salvage yard bought it from, this shows the last entry as “investigate power steering fault and traced to pump – repair not authorised to be scrapped” Is this an easy cheapish fix or should I continue looking?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

• #167105 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Kerry. Buying a scrapped car from a salvage yard is always going to be fraught with risk.

The leasing company or previous owner has decided that the cost of repairing the power steering fault would be too expensive given the value of the car – or that there are other problems with the car as well as the power steering pump.

A quick look at Auto Trader suggests that a 2011 Vauxhall Zafira would cost you about £3,000, so it’s probably not a simple or cheap fix.

Reply To: 2011 Vauxhall Zafira, power steering pump fault

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: