• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

VW Beetle Convertible unusable due to parts issue

Home Forums New and News VW Beetle Convertible unusable due to parts issue

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year ago.

• Author
    Belinda

I have been unable to use my VW Beetle convertible 2015, bought brand new, since early May.

My dealer has put in for the part and it has been expected in on 3 different dates, and keeps being put back. Was due in on 9 July, their system now say 23rd July.

They have said that the UK supplier has spoken to Germany and Germany cannot get the part from production, so they therefore can’t send it on to the UK. I am left in limbo with a car that I can’t use for the reason I bought it. Does anyone have any advice or experience of this or something similar?

• #134275 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Belinda. If you’re still within your new car warranty, you can complain to Volkswagen UK and at least demand a courtesy car while you’re waiting for the required parts.

However, if you’re out of warranty, there’s probably not a lot you can do beyond hassle the dealer regularly for progress and updates. A lot of the time, these things fall behind more urgent problems.

Reply To: VW Beetle Convertible unusable due to parts issue

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: