• Home
  • Advice
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Our all-new and unique Expert Rating system analyses new cars based on dozens of UK media reviews to give you the best possible car buying advice. Check it out now!

Warranty & breach of contract (SEAT Stoneacre)

Home Forums Car finance Warranty & breach of contract (SEAT Stoneacre)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Ashley

Hi,

I took out a PCP deal around 20 months ago with a brand new car (SEAT Ibiza), from a dealership (Stoneacre), with a 3-year manufacturers warranty. 2 days ago I discovered a fault with the electric wing mirror, which would get stuck halfway. I took it to SEAT and they’ve come back and said this isn’t covered. It will cost £200 to replace the wing mirror. I’ve since looked at the warranty it says motors are covered yet they’re trying to pass it off as somebody must’ve forced it. Are they in breach for not carrying out the work? I’m very frustrated as warranties are used as a selling point. Yet, they do not act upon when it comes to it.

• #131986 Reply
    Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Ashley. If the mirror motor has been damaged by someone manually folding the mirror and breaking the internal mechanisms, that wouldn’t be covered under warranty. Unfortunately, it’s very common on electrically-folding mirrors where they don’t automatically fold in when the car is locked.

You’ll need to try and prove that the fault is a failure of the motor rather than being broken by external means. That will be difficult to prove.

Alternatively, you can try contacting SEAT head office in Milton Keynes directly to take the matter up with the manufacturer, since they provide the warranty and should have been in discussion with the dealer about the matter.

Reply To: Warranty & breach of contract (SEAT Stoneacre)

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: