• Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum
  • New car ratings

Warranty repair and avoidance tactics

Home Forums Technical Discussions Warranty repair and avoidance tactics

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 3 months ago.

• Author
    Sheila McGrory

I have a Vauxhall Mokka which will be three years old in September and have done less than 10K miles.

Last Saturday the clutch packed in so I had a breakdown company deliver it to my local dealership (where I purchased the vehicle) on the following Monday. Contacted the dealer first thing to advise car was being brought in and background etc. Was told it would take 48-72 hours before I would receive a diagnosis. Also, it would be about 4 weeks from then before repair could be done.

Thought all that was excessive but I duly waited the allotted 72 hours and when I heard nothing, I contacted them. Has since been a nightmare – 4 ‘phone calls to them and despite assurances that I would be called back and nothing. An email sent to Vauxhall on the 6th April still unanswered.

Yesterday I had enough and posted a public tweet and a review on Trustpilot followed by an email to the CEO of the company, Peter Vardy. Still nothing. I am at a loss as to what to do – have noticed two other reviews re. clutch issues on Vauxhall cars under warranty in the last couple of weeks and am wondering now if there is a wider issue.

Would like advice on what to do next – am happy to make a daily nuisance of myself at the dealership – I don’t live far from it. Likewise, am happy to take it all the way to court if necessary and am considering involving the Press.

Has anyone else had experiences like this? Don’t see an appropriate forum to post this in (the technical option is greyed out) so have selected the first one in the hope it will reach the correct area.

Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Sheila. Sounds like poor form from the service department, even allowing for the fact that Easter is one of the busiest times of the year for them. You will probably need to go in and see them in person if they are not responding to you by phone or email.

If they’re still not helpful, I’d suggest a formal complaint to Vauxhall HQ, as that normally lights a fire under a lazy dealer’s behind.

If the car is still under its new car warranty then you are within your rights to take it to any Vauxhall dealership for warranty work, so you are not obliged to deal with this particular dealer if you are not happy with their behaviour.

The forum ‘Technical Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.