This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Alex 4 days, 15 hours ago.
13 August 2019 at 10:35 am #173968
Will appreciate any help towards the title of this post ‘What Car Should I Buy?’
A little bit of background information; I am 25-years-old and have held my driving licence for four years, with no claims or accidents in that time. I have been through numerous cars; Ford KA ’06 (replaced with the VW Passat as parents got a new car), Volkswagen Passat ’03 (flooded and was unreliable i.e. doors would sporadically lock and open and lights on dashboard were broken etc), Seat Leon ’14 (Loss of coolant so returned back to company for refund) – I am currently driving a Ford KA ’99, which has its problems but for a car that is 20-years-old I am just grateful that it drives. However, I am aware it will need to be replaced within the next 6 months.
A little information about what I want;
– Something that is safe and reliable
– Reasonably priced; I have a price range of around GBP 10,000 – GBP 12,000.
– Something that will last around 7-years.
– Good on fuel; I currently spend about GBP 40.00 a week and get 280 miles to a tank.
– Not too high on insurance; my insurance is usually around GBP 450.00 per year.
– Something that actually looks nice or slightly more classy. I appreciate that my price isn’t in the luxury car range but good value for money would be nice (I don’t mind compromising on the aesthetic looks if there are more technological advancements, i.e. sat nav, camera, Bluetooth etc).
– Something within the small/medium hatchback range would be ideal. However, I don’t mind going for a saloon or a small SUV if the quality is there. A city car would be too small and considering I want it for 7-years I am unsure what my family dynamics will be in that time.
Any feedback or help would be GREATLY appreciated as it seems so difficult to pick a car.