• Advice
  • Offers
  • Brands
  • Partners
  • News
  • Reviews
  • Forum

What engine is in my car?!?

Home Forums Technical Discussions What engine is in my car?!?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Stuart Masson Stuart Masson 4 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Enda

Bit of a noob query here, but i bought a 2003 bora just over a year ago, and about 6 months ago i needed to change a coolant hose. I went and bought the part in Vw (using the reg of my car) but when i brought the part to be fitted it was the wrong part, so had to remove the existing hose and take it to VW and show the guy the part number. Since then ive noticed other parts dont match the vehicle reg, so its now apparant that the engine in the car isnt the original! But what i want to know is how can i find out what engine is in my car? Ive tried to look for an engine code but can find nothing but the following :

WWO
    V410
    038103373C

I dont think that any of these numbers are what i need

Anyone please give me advice on how to find out what engine is in my car!

Stuart Masson
    Stuart Masson
    Keymaster

Hi Enda. Go into a VW dealer and they should be able to look up all the details for your car to tell you exactly what you have, and explain what you’ve got now if it’s not what was originally fitted.
    Did you check to see if the car had previously been involved in an accident? An HPI check would show if it was a Category C or D write-off that has been (legally) repaired and returned to the road.

The forum ‘Technical Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.