fbpx

Independent, impartial advice for car buyers and car owners

Find an Expert Rating: 

Vauxhall Zafira – coil pack keeps going?

Home page 2023 Forums Technical Discussions Vauxhall Zafira – coil pack keeps going?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Kirsty

I have a 2009 Vauxhall Zafira. I’ve had nothing but problems with the car since I got it in April. Believe it or not it was a replacement car as the original Zafira I purchased was beyond repair!

Anyway when the company delivered it, they dropped it off, took the other Zafira and drove away as quick as they could. When I tried to start it, it just over revved and then stalled. It needed a tonne of work I.E a new coil pack, new sensors, wiring loom and central locking reprogramming.

Anyway, since then the coil pack has gone again twice. It’s started over revving again today and I just know it’s going to be on coil pack number four before Christmas. Could there be any underlying cause for the coil pack to keep going like this? Thanks.

stuart 2022Stuart Masson
      Participant

Hi Kirsty. It’s quite possible that there is some other underlying cause which is causing the coil packs to fail with such regularity. I would suggest taking it to a different Vauxhall dealer to get their opinion.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Technical Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.