Unlike other brands with several terms and conditions, Kia’s offer is comparatively simple. It will offer £2,000 for any part-exchange vehicle more than seven years old when traded in against a new Kia Picanto or Kia Rio.
There’s no requirement to have owned the part-exchange vehicle for a minimum length of time, so long as the name and address of the old car match those for the new car.
The scrappage offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other dealer, manufacturer or finance company offer.
The Car Expert checks the fine print
- This offer is a part-exchange allowance, for selected used cars part-exchanged against selected new cars.
- Your current car can be from any brand, but must be at least seven years old.
- You must be the owner of the part-exchange vehicle and the buyer of the new car (same name and registered address).
- The scrappage price is fixed at £2,000 for any car part-exchanged as part of the scheme, not an allowance on top of the car’s value. You are effectively getting nothing for your car, but a £2,000 discount on the new car (although it won’t be written that way on the contract).
- You must order your new car and take delivery before the end of the year.
- This offer cannot be used on top of any other offers from the dealer/manufacturer/finance company.
- The offer is not dependent on you taking any finance package or other products.