Renault has launched a range of interest-free PCP and HP finance offers on selected new vehicles for the rest of 2017.
Three-year 0% APR (no interest or fees) personal contract purchase (PCP) offers are available on the Renault Clio, Captur, Kadjar, Megane, Scenic and Koleos model ranges. For customers looking for a four-year term, the interest rate goes up to 4.9% APR. Minimum customer deposits apply to these 0% offers, ranging from £499 for Clio and Captur to 10% for the other models.
Most models in the Renault range are also available with a four-year 0% APR hire purchase (HP) offer. This offer requires a 40% minimum customer deposit, and additional deposit contributions are available. These range from £500 for a Twingo up to £2,000 on a Kadjar and Megane.
Scenic/Grand Scenic and Koleos models have hire purchase offers at 2.9% APR rather than 0%, but do come with £2,000 deposit contributions.
Big discounts on ZOE electric car range
For the electric ZOE models, everything gets a little more complicated because you have to factor in the government plug-in car grant and battery rental. But the key messages are that there is more than £6,000 available in deposit contributions on a PCP agreement, with an interest rate of 4.9% APR.
If you prefer a hire purchase, the ZOE is available with 0% APR on a five-year HP agreement, with deposit contributions of up to £2,500 plus the government plug-in car grant. You still need to rent a battery for a minimum of £59/month (usually more, depending on your mileage), however.
- These finance offers are for selected new Renault models only. Renault PCP agreements are branded “Renault Selections PCP Finance”. HP agreements don’t get a catchy name.
- The offers listed on the Renault website are only examples, and you are entitled to adjust the deposit and annual mileage to suit your own needs (within limits and above minimum requirements).
- The annual mileages shown on the website examples are all set at 6,000. This is less than most drivers average per year, so make sure you are choosing an annual mileage allowance that suits your needs.
- The 0% APR offers apply to selected terms only. If you want different terms (like four years instead of three), the interest rate may no longer be 0%.
- The excess mileage on the PCP packages is 8p/mile. That’s £80 for every 1,000 miles you go over your limit, so make sure you allow yourself enough mileage when setting up the finance agreement. The fee only applies if you are giving the car back and claiming the guaranteed future value (GFV). HP customers do not need to worry about excess mileage.
- Cars have to be ordered by 31 January 2018 and delivered by 31 March 2018.
- The deposit contribution cannot be used in conjunction with any other advertised offer.
- The finance offers are provided through Renault dealers by Renault Finance. If a dealer offers you a finance deal that does not match these details or from another lender, it is not part of this offer.
As with any car purchase, work out your budget before you visit the showroom and don’t be persuaded to go beyond it – regardless of what the smiling sales executive suggests. They don’t have your best interests at heart, but The Car Expert does!