Toyota has announced increased savings and more models for its scrappage scheme for cars ordered this month.
The headline offer is £2,000 off the price of a new Toyota Aygo with a qualifying part-exchange vehicle to be scrapped. The Yaris hybrid has also been added back onto the scheme, after being removed earlier in the year.
Toyota has also clarified the part-exchange requirements slightly, now accepting any vehicle registered up to 30 June 2010 rather than “up to seven years old” previously.
In addition, Toyota is offering 0% PCP finance on selected models, which can be taken in conjunction with the scrappage offer.
The company claims that it has taken more than 7,000 new car orders under its scrappage scheme since being launched last September. The Aygo has accounted for about 40% of those sales, and Toyota is also pleased than almost two-thirds of its scrappage scheme sales have been ‘conquest’ orders from customers who previously drove a different make of car.
The complete list of vehicles covered by the scrappage scheme is as follows:
|Auris and Auris Hybrid||£3,000|
|RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid||£2,500|
The Car Expert checks the small print
- This offer is a part-exchange allowance, for selected used cars part-exchanged against selected new cars.
- Your current car can be from any brand, but must have been first registered before 1 July 2010.
- You must be the owner of the part-exchange vehicle and the buyer of the new car (same name and registered address).
- You must have owned the old car for at least six months (to stop people buying an old banger for £200 and then getting a £4,000 part-exchange allowance for it).
- The scrappage price is fixed for any car part-exchanged as part of the scheme, not an allowance on top of the car’s value. You are effectively getting nothing for your car, but a discount on the new car (although it won’t be written that way on the contract).
- You must order your new car by 30 June and take delivery by 10 September 2018.
- The offer is not dependent on you taking any finance package or other products.